Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back in 1836

Pioneer Days at my daughter's school was too cool! But I am sure these kids are glad they go to school in 2008!

When they had a mock day at school they had to curtsie or bow to their teacher and call her mistress "name"...that's how they had to show respect to all adults. The teachers had pointers and rang a bell as the kids entered the classroom. I made Rachel's dress and hat with my friend Linda's help! She looked like "Little House On The Prarie's" Laura Ingalls and way too cute here:


On anther day the kids got to do activities such as making candles and ornaments out of tin, square dancing and I helped the fourth graders make funnel cakes. They loved those with all the sugar!!! Here is a photo of Rachel & I on that day:

You can view more photos on my Walgreen's Site.

No comments:

My Scrapblog